Description

Adult beginner watercolorists will enjoy creating “Hummingbird’s Beebalm.” Students will learn/apply everything from wet-into-wet techniques to creating both lost and found edges. A whir of activity will be captured with splashes and splatters that complement the more detailed bright beebalm flower that attracts the tiny winged beauty.

Participants bring their own supplies or order from Megan! 

SUPPLY LIST

Paint colors:

A red, turquoise, cerulean blue, sap-green, viridian (optional), ocher, pink, yellow. 

Brushes:

I like to use a round brush that comes to nice point when wet. I like a 1 or so for details, and also a 6 or 8. 

Extra supplies:

Table salt in a Baggie, white crayon or white taper candle, paperclip, regular pencil and separate eraser.

Paper:

At least a 140-lb cold-press watercolor paper, about  9” x 12” in size or larger. Please be sure paper is either in a block or is taped down to a cardboard piece that’s bigger than the paper ( I use corrugated box sides from packages that I cut from the box).  

NOTE: Students can order them from her source and receive a 15% discount directly from Megan. The kits are around $22 and include paint, palette, brushes, paper and more. They can be shipped to your door or brought to your class. Contact Megan at [email protected].

ABOUT Megan Swoyer

Space is limited and Pre-Registration is required.

Minimum # of Participants to hold class = 4

Maximum # of Participants = 12

Charlevoix Circle of Arts
109 Clinton Street , Charlevoix , MI 49720
May 25, 2022
10:00 AM EDT to 12:00 PM EDT
Private:No
RSVP Required:No